As we roll into fall, not only can we look forward to boots, sweaters, and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but we can get ready for new shades for our skin. Lipsticks and glosses are a great way to give your face that touch of fall, and B Cosmetics from Heylee B makes that possible! Heylee has gone through her collection of amazing lipsticks and shines and picked out her 4 must-have colors for this fall.
Iced Violet :: This light purple, toned luxury lipstick is perfect for everyday use. It's not overpowering or too bright, so it plays more like a lipgloss than a lipstick. This color goes great with almost every outfit and for any occasion because of its perfect tiny pop of color for your face. You would definitely want to keep this one in your purse at all times!
Impulse :: A red lip is never out of style! This red is the only red that you will ever need. With its slightly blue undertone, it goes with every skin color and is the perfect stand-out color for every day.
Pink Truffle :: A pinky-nude is another shade that can be worn anytime by almost every skin type. Nude lipsticks and lip shines have been popular for some time because of their barely-there look. Women who want to add a slight bit of color without looking like they are covered in lipstick love these types. But nudes can wash out your face and actually make you look worse. So by adding in this shade to your repertoire, you can get away with looking flawless and not overdone.
Plum Royale :: This is Heylee's favorite new color for the fall! (And mine!) It is just purple enough and just pink enough that it makes a statement for every skin type. Because of its plum color, it easily says "fall". So if you want to expand your fashion-sense, or just want to amp up your style for special occasions, this is the statement maker!
For more info on any of these colors, or for other color options, check out B Cosmetics at Heylee B! If you want more personal help, Heylee loves to do consultations. To set up an appointment with her, email email@example.com.
It happens to all of us. We are either rushing out the door, up too early (and running too late), or we are out of a key item in our make-up bag forcing us to do a quick once-over on our face to make us not look like the walking dead.
But how do you get that amazing no make-up make-up look?
Is it simple?
Make-up artist Heylee Achten has done it once again by giving us the 1-2-3 on this relatively quick and simple way to get out the door in less time and still look great.
Remember this pic? This would be Heylee on a 5am flight for work, but she definitely doesn't look like I usually do at 5am! (Way jealous!)
So here is how she gets that great look ::
1. Start your day off with a clean face. Not only should you always be doing this for the health of your skin, but it will make you feel like a million bucks, especially if a shower is a long way off.
2. Add foundation. Take a tiny drop of foundation, put on your hand, and blend it on your t-zone. (It's the space from your forehead to your chin) Brush out to all the areas of your face, blending well. This will even out your skin tone, giving it that "fresh" look. If you have any trouble areas under your eyes, a little bit of concealer can cover up pretty well. Heylee typically uses a light-cover so her skin isn't too made up. (Heylee uses B Cosmetics Liquid Foundation in "Tender Beige".)
3. Bronzer. This is what gives you that "I'm awake" look on your skin. Highlight you cheeks and you won't look so sallow and sleepy. (B Cosmetics Bronzer in "Safari")
4. Fill in brows. Your brows shape your face, and if you aren't already filling them in and giving them some life, then this is the perfect time to start. Fresh, full brows brighten your eyes and pull your face together. (Heylee uses the "Blonde" brow duo from B Cosmetics)
5. Add mascara. No need for anything other than the mascara, because let's be honest...this is about getting by without looking like the Grim Reaper. If you just have to have eyeliner, knock yourself out. Just make sure it's lightly added.
6. Lipshine. There is no reason to be rocking your full red lips (unless you're Gwen Stefani). A little light lipstick with a shine with a tint will be all you need. This gives the color back to your mouth, and completes the look. (Heylee is wearing B Cosmetics in "Sugar Pie")
7. Feel amazing! Now that you've done this, head out the door and greet the world! You will notice that your confidence level goes up and you feel like a new person! That's a good thing! There's nothing better than feeling fresh even when you don't feel like you're 100% awake.
If you have any other questions, or there's something you'd like for Heylee to give a tutorial on, let us know! This is the perfect place to voice your opinions and even share some secrets yourself!
Every girl dreams of her big day being simply perfect and flawless. Not only that, but we dream of ourselves being perfect and flawless. We book the perfect venue, hire the best photographer, buy the perfect dress, and are marrying the perfect man. But you know what's crazy? So many brides make major beauty mistakes either out of forgetfulness or lack of knowledge.
So we have compiled 8 beauty tips for your wedding day make-up so you can look like the girl you dreamed you would!
- Avoid Shimmer! It's perfectly acceptable for your dress (and your finger) to have the bling. But be careful when it comes to adding shimmer make-up to your face. Instead, go for a simple, classic look that is more toned down. Shimmer powders and lotions tend to add glare to your photos, making you look overdone and with the wrong kind of glow. It's okay to add a little pearly to your eyes, but take it easy.
- Wax Early. No girl enjoys unruly eyebrows at any point, for any reason, so your wedding day definitely wouldn't be any different. But don't make the mistake of having your brows done too close to your big day. Instead of the day of or the day before, get your brows waxed by a professional 3 days prior to your wedding day. This will give your skin a break and help any redness and swelling to be completely gone. And if there are any strays, which there shouldn't be in just 3 days, just pluck them out the night before!
- Don't get vampy. You want to be dreamy and glamorous on your wedding day because it's a special day and it will be immortalized in pictures. But this does not mean that you should have your make-up done up to look like Honey Boo-Boo's. You should still look like you! You want to be able to look back at those photos in 5-10 years and not wonder, "What was I thinking?" Go for stunning but still classy and understated. You won't regret it.
- Use Falsies. We are talking eyelashes here! To give your eyes the best chance of making a statement and standing out, wear flash lashes. They can give you volume and length, making your eyes really pop. Plus, this is a great way to amp up your style without going too far over the top. Just make sure to either have someone do them for you who is familiar with false lashes, or practice a few times before your big day. This will help you avoid a mess and frustration.
- Don't be Stingy. It's extremely easy for the camera to wash you out (as well as indoor lighting), making your skin look dull and colorless. So don't be afraid of things like spray tans, and a little extra blush to help make you look fresh instead of sallow. Be careful not to overdo it, but just be aware that a little more than normal is okay.
- No SPF! Unless your wedding is outside on the beach in the middle of the day, don't use moisturizer or foundation that has SPF in it. Most people don't realize that SPF turns your skin more white in photos because of its protective layer.
- Veil = No Gloss. If you have opted to wear a veil, even if it will just trail behind you, avoid wearing lip gloss. All it takes is one gush of wind or wrong movement, and that veil will stick to your lips like glue, transferring your colored lips to your white outfit. It can also smear and leave a sticky, hard to remove, residue on your skin.
- Waterproof Mascara. It seems like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many women overlook this detail as they get ready. The last thing on their mind as they are getting prepped is whether or not their mascara will run if they cry (and you will...it's a fact). Don't make this major mistake because otherwise you will have black streaks on your face and possibly on your beautiful white gown.
Hopefully these 8 steps are helpful to you as you prepare for your big day!! If you want to go the extra step, see a make-up pro (we suggest just hiring one) so they can show you different looks and shades for your skin. Then there are no surprises when you're in the moment, and you can just relax, be beautiful, and marry your love!
**If you're a bride getting ready for your wedding and need more tips or advice, Heylee is wedding day pro! She is available for hire in any capacity, and wants to help you make your day smooth sailing. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
When Heylee Achten isn't busy making her online store amazing (or doing make-up, or styling someone, or at a photo shoot...you get the picture. She's busy!), she travels full-time with her brother, Harris III. Harris is an award-winning illusionist who travels all over the world with his show, and when his wife came off the road to raise their son, Heylee headed out! She did travel with him for years as a kid, so she was groomed to be on the road.
As she hits the road and the air, she has found little tips and tricks to keep herself looking great for so much less. One such trick is for pesky, oily skin.
Because Heylee often has to spend long hours sitting in the car or trudging through airports, she has to go from place to place ready to go and made-up. This can leave her already oily skin even more greasy thanks to sweat and long days.
Her quick fix? Don't spend tons on those tiny little oil-sucking sheets that you can carry in your purse, just use a toilet seat cover!
I know what you're thinking...are you kidding? That sounds so gross!
Trust me when I say it isn't! Looks crazy, but it works! The paper used in those bathroom stall toilet seat covers is the same as those tiny, expensive sheets that come in that pack. And toilet seat covers are free!
Just use the same way, blotting gently (never rub) to soak up excess oil from your skin. It will leave you looking clear and not greasy!
So take a tip from the pro and keep your skin looking amazing all day for free!